Indulge in the delicious sweetness of a traditional Japanese confection that is sure to become a favorite.
Also known as Imagawayaki, these tasty filled pancakes are the answer to your sweet cravings. Consisting of a sweet filling sandwiched in between two traditional hand-sized American pancakes, they are perfect as dessert, breakfast or even to take on the go!
The most popular filling is traditionally made out of azuki red beans; however, our friends from Cacao Art show us that you can fill with anything including dulce de leche.
The best part is that they are incredibly easy to make and with your Holstein Housewares Cakepop Maker, they are done in just minutes for you to enjoy and share with friends and family!
– 1 egg
– 1 tbs sugar
– 1 tbs honey
– 3/4 cups whole milk
– 1 cup flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– caramel sauce, jam, or chocolate sauce for filling
– Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
– Fill the cakepop maker with 1/2 tbs of mix
– Pour 1 tsp of chosen filling and cover with another 1/2 tbs of mix
– Turn on cakepop maker and let bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown
– Serve and enjoy!